Division 9 offers competitive salary, full benefits, and opportunity for growth. Please continue to check this page as job postings change often. Meanwhile, experienced and talented flooring installation professionals are always encouraged to submit an application or contact the office for an appointment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hiring Site Superintendents - APPLY TODAY!
What’s in it for you:
● Competitive compensation and benefits, from leadership who cares about you.
● A challenging and engaging environment where your skills will be utilized and enhanced.
● A growing organization that values your opinion – you have an opportunity to help shape processes and standards.
● A true team culture where we all help each other and where people love to work!
We are a specialty flooring contractor, principally providing flooring-related services and products. D9 exists to enrich the experience of our employees, clients, and community, by conducting our business sensibly and with absolute integrity, providing a safe and productive workplace. The culture at D9 centers around highly effective communication and genuine relationships with one another. We are a diverse group of people that collaborate and enjoy working together on challenging and highly rewarding projects across the PNW.
The Site Superintendent will take responsibility for multiple projects from start to final punch. The Site Superintendent is customer-facing and works directly with the Account Manager and Project Engineer to make sure that client needs and deadlines are being met. This includes in-person job site support, scheduling logistics and labor proactively, ensuring quality control, and, most importantly, project and employee safety. Some examples of what you will be doing:
○ Develop deep knowledge of the scope of the project, in terms of cost, installation instructions, material compatibility and environmental requirements, construction schedule, and any undefined/pending scope.
○ Detail out the phasing & sequencing needed for efficient installation within the project budget & construction schedule.
○ Determine needed environmental controls and schedule with internal and client teams (i.e. moisture or humidity testing, acclimation periods, etc).
○ Schedule material deliveries & staging to installation locations with both internal logistics and client teams.
○ Review and discuss upcoming material and labor needs with PE and scheduler throughout the project.
○ Attend kick off meetings to gain specific knowledge of the assigned project. You will need to have a thorough understanding of the contracted scope, project schedule, and logistics.
○ Review budgets with the PE on a weekly basis to ensure that the expectations of the job are understood, that any necessary changes have been addressed to stay on schedule and budget, and to proactively identify cost impacts.
○ Attend all weekly job-site meetings and relay critical changes to the schedule, foreman and Project Engineer in a timely fashion.
○ Communicate jobsite conditions to scheduler, drivers and installers in advance of work.
○ Interact on various communication platforms as needed, which may be project- or client- or team-dependent and may vary throughout your day.
○ Routinely walk jobsites with shop drawings and document conditions, verify measurements, verify site delivery conditions and notate any limitations.
○ Distribute and collect Field Work Authorization forms (FWAs) and Daily Work reports.
○ Read and understand work orders, budgets, blueprints in the office and on job sites and manage daily site work to the budget.
○ Prepare and communicate daily work plans and the construction schedules to all installers, drivers and foremen in the field.
○ Ensure current shop drawings are published and acknowledged by installers at all times.
○ Communicate with the client-assigned Superintendent about daily work progress, scheduling and challenges that need to be addressed.
○ Evaluate any project needs on a daily basis (materials/supplies, time restraints, job site challenges etc..) and report them to internal and client teams accordingly.
○ Publish an internal digital daily report for each site and include all relevant photos and knowledge necessary to ensure success the next day.
○ Remain continually proactive, alert, and mindful of any safety risks to D9 staff and subs.
○ Participate in accident and near-miss reporting alongside the company safety manager.
○ Drive the safety culture, set and manage expectations to create an environment of safe practices.
○ Lead by example and follow all safety procedures – personal safety is vital at D9.
Helpful background, skills and attitude to have:
● High School degree or equivalent
● 1-2 years of experience supervising or scheduling craft/trade labor
● 1-2 years of experience of planning and managing projects
● 3 years of commercial flooring or similar contracting experience
● OSHA30 certification within 90 days of hire
● Experience using construction management apps such as ProCore and PlanGrid
● Willingness to pitch in and get dirty when your team needs you.
● Truly enjoy setting up for success, pivoting your plan, and helping customers.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you today! Our hiring process that you will go through is an example of the type of organizational process and procedures that we employ throughout our organization. This ensures that we are always hiring the best of the best, while simultaneously providing you the same opportunity to make as good of a career decision as we are seeking to make.
Division 9 Flooring is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diversified work environment for all employees.
Account Executives Needed!
A Division 9 Account Executive is responsible for selling commercial flooring products and services through a network of architects and interior designers, and end users. Market Segments include Corporate, Healthcare (including senior living), Higher Education, and Hospitality.
The compensation package includes a base salary, auto and expense allowance, and full health and welfare benefits. The sales compensation plan is a progressive, pay for performance program that provides a very competitive income. At Division 9, departments are designed to function as cohesive units working together to achieve sales goals for the company and individual Account Executives. Team members are expected to collaborate, to communicate, to support and to compliment other team members. The Account Executive will report to the Director of Sales.
- Using lead sources, industry knowledge, sales data and company-provided business intelligence, establish and execute sales and service calls on a daily basis.
- Prepare for sales calls using and research customers, sales history, project parameters and gather other pertinent sales information.
- Call on customers in their place of business.
- Provide customer service before, during and after the sales transaction. This may include site visits, installation assistance, claims management or other necessary actions.
- Network with customers through industry associations, social events, lunches/dinners, planned company events, etc.
- Administer and maintain all required sales data and business intelligence in CRM. Provide reports, schedules and other sales information as requested or required.
- Sales experience in an outside or similar sales environment Ideal experience would include exposure to and experience with the following:
- Complex sales processes
- Long sales cycles
- Multiple decision makers
- Formal and professional sales presentations
- Project bid processes
- Variable pricing structure
- Budgeting and expense management
- Knowledge of the geographical market including the ability to effectively and efficiently manage and cover the market.
- Strong presentation and communication skills and abilities including the ability to design and deliver sales presentations to senior designers and principals within major firms and corporations.
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability and desire to work in a team structure that requires strong communications, willingness to share in successes and to work collaboratively on projects and sales processes.
- Proven ability and willingness to take direction and receive feedback from others including team members and execute required tasks and duties.
- Demonstrated work ethic consistent with the schedule and demand of the position and the market.
- Experience with managing expense allowance, budgets and financial aspects of product and sales projects.
- Professional and business-appropriate dress, personal behaviors and conduct considered vital to the effectiveness of this position.
- Flooring background preferred but not required.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flooring: 1 year
- Sales: 2 years
Full Time Local Box Truck Drivers
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Driving, lifting, loading, delivering, off-loading & staging 65+ pounds consistently throughout the day usually with forklift and pallet jack but manual off-loading is required.
- Responding to emails immediately from a cell phone and staying in communication with our warehouse throughout the day.
- Performing additional responsibilities at jobsite and our warehouse when required.
- Rare weekend/evening shifts as the workload requires.
Job Requirements Include but are not limited to:
- Possess a valid WA State Driver’s License
- Provide a copy of your driving record for the last 5 years (or from the time you acquired your license, if you have been driving less than 5 years).
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass background checks including E-Verify for I-9
- Ability to read a map or GPS
- Good working knowledge of streets in King and Snohomish Counties
- Hourly wage is DOQ.
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans available after 90 days of employment, company pays for Life Insurance.
- 5 paid Sick Days after 90 days of employment
- 7 Paid Holidays after 90 days of employment
- 1 week paid vacation after one year, 2 weeks after two years, 3 weeks after five years
- 401K after one year of employment
We are a dog friendly, fragrance-free, fully stocked fridge (yay!) environment.
Division 9 Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Commercial Flooring Installers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs all necessary tasks required to complete floor preparation and installation of flooring materials, including additional responsibilities at job site, and our offices, when required.
• Some experience on commercial job sites preferred.
• Dependable work vehicle for travel to and from job sites as well as some trade related hand-tools required.
• Speaks fluent English
• Adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides
• Applies common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
• Must be able to navigate stairs while carrying 40+ pounds and must be able to work on your knees for extended periods of time.
• Ability to read a map or GPS
• Possess a valid Driver’s License (WA State license required within 30 days of hire)
• Pass a drug screen
• Pass background checks including E-Verify for I-9
Commercial Flooring Estimator
WHAT does an Estimator do at Division 9 Flooring? Aside from thoroughly enjoying their workplace, here’s what we have in mind:
• Perform take-offs and prepare complete bid packages using estimating and bidding software.
• Provide seam diagrams and color-coded drawings and gather and interpret other related information necessary to ensure entire scope of work is accounted for and properly executed.
• Communicate with internal and external sources, and be ready to work flexible hours to ensure project deadlines are met, installers are prepared, and clients are happy.
• Work closely with the Sales Director to communicate challenges and collaborate on solutions for an efficient distribution of workload.
• Accomplish department and organizational mission by working as a project partner both internally and with our clients.
• Update your Estimating knowledge by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
• Receive requests for estimating and gather necessary information such as plans, bidding manuals, specifications, addenda, revisions to jobs in progress, etc.
• Research material requirements to include all finish goods, trims, accessories, installation methods, etc.
• Make yourself a latte with our commercial espresso machine, gaze out over the Cascade Mountains from your second-story window on a sunny day, and love what you do. Life is too short to spend 40 hours a week any other way!
WHO are we looking for to take on this challenge?
We are looking for super stars. We move quickly and deadlines are firm. An Estimator should have advanced IT and mathematical skills, an intrinsic need to be thorough and accurate, and be highly adaptable. If you’re looking for a new opportunity and ours appeals to you, please email your resume and cover letter to jobs[at]division9flooring.com with “Estimator” as the subject line.
Division 9 Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation to be discussed with qualified applicants only. Benefits include (after 90 days): Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation Pay, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays. 401(k) available after one year. Our office is fragrance-free, dog- and kid-friendly. Participation in our sustainability program is a requirement of every position in the company.