Division 9 has been awarded the most-widely recognized certifications for a woman-owned business in the United States
We are proud to announce Division 9 has now been awarded two of the most-widely recognized certifications for a woman-owned business in the United States – WBENC and NWBOC!
The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council is an organization focusing on connecting women from all industries with others for the purposes of educating and building, existing businesses, into more profitable enterprises through networking and new opportunities.
The National Women Business Owners Corporation was the first organization to create a national certification program for women-owned businesses. They focus on scale and sustainability to prepare its members to become more procurement ready in preparation for business interactions with the government and private sectors.
The criteria used to evaluate Division 9 for this certification was stringent and is the same as what the federal government uses and requires.
Some of the standards include:
- Business must be for-profit
- Operations must be primarily based in the United States, although certain foreign firms may qualify under specific conditions
- Business must be at least 51% unconditionally and directly owned by women who are U.S. citizens
- Woman or women must be the ones who manage daily operations, make long-term decisions, and hold the highest officer positions available
- Woman or women must also work at the business full-time during normal working hours, although there is no minimum amount
of time for the business to be considered operational
This certification opens doors that have previously been unavailable despite the longevity and successes that Division 9 has in the marketplace. Diversity and inclusion have had a spotlight shown upon them and the initiatives have never been more important. Now you can be a part of pushing the movement forward by engaging Division 9 for all your flooring needs.